Black-legged ticks can also carry and transmit two other diseases in
New Hampshire: babesiosis and anaplasmosis. These three illnesses
are all preventable by avoiding being bitten by ticks.
To prevent tick bites:
· Avoid tick-infested areas such as overgrown grass and brush and leaf litter.
· Use insect repellent that works on ticks.
· Wear long pants and sleeves when possible, and tuck pants into socks.
· Do a thorough tick check after being outdoors.
· Reduce ticks around your home by keeping grass short and removing leaf litter.
· Monitor yourself. If you are bitten by a tick tell your healthcare provider if you