Reading Decoding Stategies
In our classroom this year, the students will be learning strategies for what to do when they are reading and come to a word they don't know. As your child is reading at home, you can have him/her refer back to these strategies by being a word detective to help figure out those tricky words!
- Eagle Eye - Look at the Pictures!
- Lips the Fish - Get Your Lips Ready!
- Stetchy Snake - S-T-R-E-T-C-H It Out!
- Chunky Monkey - Chunk the Word!
- Skippy Frog - Skip It, Skip It!
- Tryin' Lion - Try It Again!
- Helpful Kangaroo - Ask for Help!