Adeline C. Marston School
A Message from the Principals
Dear Marston School Parents, Guardians, and Students:
Welcome to the Marston School. We have a student population that totals approximately 420 students and our staff totals just over 60 members. We work together to provide a comprehensive educational program for all of our students.
Marston students have received a copy of the 2014 – 2015 SAU 90 Student and Parent Handbook. It is important that you take the time to read this with your child and take time as a family to read and sign the colored permission forms enclosed in the Marston folder, and return them to your child’s teacher by Friday, September 5. A Marston School Brochure, a Hampton Food Service Brochure, one Emergency Information Card, a Hampton PTA Membership Form, and insurance information are also included for your review and response. It is very important that we have current information on all of our students at all times.
For the safety of our students and staff, we require ALL VISITORS to Marston School to stop at the office to sign in and pick up a “VISITOR” name tag to wear. Our office hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held in November. You may, however, schedule a teacher conference at any time by contacting your child’s teacher. We encourage ongoing home/school partnerships and look forward to your involvement with our school.
PLEASE TAKE SPECIAL NOTE:
- Parents must notify the office prior to the start of school if their child will not be in attendance that day. Written absence excuses are expected the day your child returns to school.
- Students may not arrive at school before 8:20 AM.
- Family childcare plans must be on file in the school office in the event of an unanticipated early dismissal.
- Emergency contact information must be on file in the health office in case of medical or other emergencies and should be updated immediately following any changes in contact information.
- Changes in dismissal transportation will only be approved after the principal has received written permission signed by the parent or guardian. Requests will not be accepted over the phone. There are four options for student dismissal. (1) Bus; (2) sign-out at the main office during school hours; (3) car pickup in the carpool lane and (4) walker. When writing dismissal notes, please indicate which option your student will be taking.
- Electronic devices (radio, tape and CD players, earphones, iPods, cell phones and video games), trading cards and toys of any kind ARE NOT ALLOWED on buses and at Marston School.
- Students are expected to follow school and bus rules at all times. Disrespectful language and violent behavior will not be tolerated at Marston School by anyone.
- Parents bringing children to school may stop along the side of High Street to allow students to walk down Marston Way or use the “student drop-off” area located in the parking lot directly across from the main entrance. Parents who enter Marston Way before or after the morning arrival or afternoon dismissal are expected to park in the parking lot across from the flagpole/office entrance and walk with their child into the school. Please use the crosswalk to bring your child from the lot to the office. THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS DEPENDS ON PARENTS FOLLOWING THESE TRAFFIC RULES.
Parent Volunteer information has been sent home. We are encouraging all families to support our PTA by becoming members of this organization. If you have PTA questions, contact the Hampton PTA President, Stephanie Griffin through the PTA mailbox located in the Marston School office.
Marston School strives to keep communication lines open. We will be using the BLACKBOARD Connect messaging system which will alert you to news and information about our school on a weekly basis. You can expect emails with attachments on Fridays at 5:00 PM and weekly phone calls on Sunday evenings at 7:00 PM with news regarding the upcoming school week. This is our primary means for keeping you informed with up-to-date information. The Marston School events are listed below and will also be available for your information on our school’s web site at . The Marston web site provides a wealth of school, community, and educational information for students and parents. Please call us at 926-8708 if you have any questions or concerns regarding our school program. Our entire staff joins us in extending a warm welcome to each of you as our school year begins. We look forward to a wonderful 2014-2015 School Year!
Lois Costa, Principal
Nathan Saddler, Assistant Principal
Tuesday, August 26 First day of school
August 29- September 1 No School – Labor Day Weekend
September 3 – 13 NWEA/Measure of Academic Progress, On-line Assessments for Students
Friday, September 5 PTA Welcome Back Breakfast, Marston Annex, 8:30 – 9:30 AM
Tuesday, September 9 School Board Meets, Hampton Town Hall, 6:30 PM
Thursday, September 11 School Picture Day
Tuesday, September 16 PTA Meets, Centre School Literacy Center, 7:00 PM
Thursday, September 18 Marston Curriculum Night for Parents, 6:30 – 8:00 PM